Setting up Multiloginapp with Luminati
This page explains how to setup Multiloginapp with Luminati. Read more about Luminati in our blog here.
Before setting everything up, you first need to decide what IP zone you need access to. A zone is a degree of targeting to a specific region or location. Currently, the following zones are available in Luminati:
- gen – access your IP locations on a country level
- city – access your IP locations on a country, city or state level
- static – access static datacenter IPs
Please note that city and static zones are not activated on your Luminati account by default. In order activate them; contact Luminati support team.
Setting up your Luminati account
- Log into your Luminati account
- Go to Zones page
- Click on the type of zone you need access to (gen, city or static)
- On the Authentication section, do the following:
- Set-up a Password – create a new one or use the auto-generated one, and store it somewhere safe
- Add your IP address to the whitelist IPs. Note, if you will need access from multiple computers or have dynamic IP address, you can just add „any“ in the field.
- Record your Username
Setting up the browser profile
The way you use Multiloginapp with Luminati is by utilizing a super proxy. In general terms a super proxy is an entry node, through which you connect to Luminati servers. Once you are connected, the service will redirect all your traffic through an exit node of your choice.
- Create a new browser profile
- In the proxy settting for proxy type choose „HTTP“
- In the proxy host insert your super proxy: „zproxy.luminati.io“
- In the port field insert the port of your super proxy: „22225“
- In the proxy name section insert your Username, which recorded, when seting up the Luminati account along with location prefix (discussed further).
- In the proxy password enter the Password, which you created and stored
Specifying IP locations
In order to have an IP address located in a specific country or city, you will need to specify that in the Username of your super proxy by adding a prefix.
For example, if you want access IPs in specific countries, you will be using gen zone and your default Username will be something like this: lum-customer-Name-zone-gen. You will then need to add prefix by following the example bellow:
- To connect to US, your username must have the following example: lum-customer-Name-zone-gen-country-us
- To connect to Brazil, your username must have the following example: lum-customer-Name-zone-gen-country-br
Finally, if you want to access IPs in specific cities, you will be using city zone and your default Username will be something like this: lum-customer-Name-zone-city. You will then need to add prefix by following the example:
- To connect to New York (US), your username must have the following example: lum-customer-Name-zone-city-country-us-city-newyork
- To connect to London (UK), your username must have the following example: lum-customer-Name-zone-city-country-uk-city-london
To increase performance you can use a super proxy close to your location by using full name of the server in the Proxy Host. For example, if you are located in US, you can use use this proxy host to increase connection speed: servercountry-us.zproxy.luminati.io (see additional options for obtaining super proxies or contact Luminati support).